What Should You Do About Leaking Plumbing Pipes?
Often times, a leaking pipe will go unnoticed for weeks and even months. This can lead to severe damage to your home. If you find or hear a leak, it is imperative that you contact a Las Vegas Plumbing Repair company as soon as possible.
What Problems Can Leaks Cause?
When water leaks out of your pipes, it gets onto your flooring or subflooring. The longer that the water sits, the worse the problem is going to get. The flooring will start to rot and degrade. This can lead to you having to replace entire floors and even support beams. Leaking water can even cause issues with mold build-up. As the mold starts to grow, it can cause serious health risks for you and your family.
Signs of a Leak
When you have Leaking Plumbing Pipes, you will find that you may see some signs that you have an issue.
• Faucet drips. If you notice your faucet dripping, you have a leak somewhere in the system.
• Water puddles. If you see water puddles around the base of your faucet, the floor, or around the drain of your shower, there are Leaking Plumbing Pipes in your home. Occasionally, you will want to check under your home to see if you have any issues with leaks.
• Rust. If you see a reddish rust color around your pipes, it is a good indicator of an issue with a leak. You may also notice rust in your water if there is a severe enough leak.
• Strange smell. If you have a smell in your home that smells like rotten food or mold, you will need to get Plumbing Service as soon as possible.
• Squeaky faucet. Check your faucet out well. When you turn the faucet off, are you hearing a squeaking sound? Do you have any difficulty with them functioning properly? If so, you more than likely need Plumbing Repair in Las Vegas.
• Higher water bill. If you notice that your water bill is rising, you have an issue with a leaking pipe somewhere in your home. Look for the leak yourself or call a reputable plumber as soon as possible.
• Water pressure. If your water pressure goes down, there may be a leak somewhere in the line.
If you notice that your plumbing is leaking, you will want to get Plumbing Service immediately to avoid costly repairs and health risks. We are ready to help you with all of your plumbing needs in the Las Vegas area. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable technicians.